NEW 2020 VERSION
Forged bee & reinforced structure
Chateau Laguiole was the first Laguiole corkscrew to be created, dated back 1992, by French Master Sommelier Guy Vialis. The first “sommelier knife” to have adopted and adapted the ancestral handcrafting traditions and symbols of the Laguiole master cutlers, including the famous bee and the art of polishing fine handles made of precious woods and horns. In addition, Chateau Laguiole provides a much appreciated after sales service and a lifetime warranty.
Versailles Series: The magnificent Chateau de Versailles collection is made of wood harvested from the gardens of the Chateau de Versailles only. The Chateau de Versailles was the famous castle and residence of the Kings and King's court of France before the French Revolution. Its gardens therefore have an impressive collection of rare and best woods found all around the world centuries ago. To honor this collection, each Versailles corkscrew has its boot lever engraved with the Fleur de Lys, the armorial emblem of the kings of France, and comes with a beautiful blue leather pouch.
Handle model: This specific model is made of a gorgeous and rare Yew wood (Taxus baccata) of hundreds of years. Yew is a wood known to be extremely durable and resistant to most insect attack. That tree was probably imported from England during the 18th century by the Queen of France. Matte finish for the metal parts.
Brand: CHATEAU LAGUIOLE, made in France
We recommend: Never wash the handle with water. Water will damage the precious woods and horn. To give back its shine or clear fingerprints, we highly recommend to use a microfiber fabric.
Personalization: Accesswine.hk provides an additional laser engraving service of a short text of your choice. On Versailles Series, engravings are recommended to be made on the side (BOLSTER Option) since the lever is already engraved with the Lys flower. Read more detail in our Q & A.
Warranty: Chateau Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty. Accesswine.hk, official Chateau Laguiole dealer, will assist you in the process. Read more in our Q & A.
New 2020 changes: in 2020, after almost 30 years of fame among sommeliers and wine enthusiasts, Chateau Laguiole revamps its mythic corkscrews for the better: a much-reinforced structure, a few visual differences worth noting and a new nice-looking gift box.
- Forged bee: the chiseled spring (central structure with decoration on the top) and the bee are now forged in 1 piece. As surprising as it sounds, the bee of Chateau Laguiole previous version was welded. Beside of a clean and clear aesthetic effect, it solves rare issues of the bee being broken after accidental fall of the corkscrew (fixed free under warrant).
The 2 plates just under the handle material are now thicker to seriously reduce the risk of dismantling the screw after years of use and hundreds of bottles opening (fixed free under warranty).
Stronger spring: at the bottom of the handle, the spring now slightly emerges to offer an additional protection to the handle from the screw when folding it.
- Thinner logo: visually, Chateau LAGUIOLE logo is now slightly thinner. It brings an additional touch of elegance.
- New gift box: the new genuine leather pouch of the Grand Cru & Classics series is as well better finished in our opinion.
- Stainless steel corkscrew + matte bolsters + yew wood from Versailles castle handle
- Blue genuine leather pouch
- Gift box + Warranty member card