12 of the most representative “oaked” aromas of wine. Some of these scents are naturally present in oakwood, while others are generated during the various stages of barrel production.
Casks & barrels are mostly made of Oak. And it has been proven that New Oaks in particular will produce specific aromas, slowly incorporating and influencing the aromas of the wines they content.
It will results sometime in the best possible harmony, sometime in hiding the true nature of wine. This magnificent book-object unveils this secret.
It is an essential companion to the 54 aromas Masterkit and an indispensable tool for professionals (oenologists, sommeliers, wine growers) and amateurs who want to “take it to the next level”.
The kit contains :
- A collection of 12 vials (mad of glass) of 12 New Oak influence aromas.
- 1 very nice book about the world of barrels, essential tools of ageing during the wine making process, oakwood, and related aromas. (English version only).
Le Nez du Vin® allows you to:
- Train and enrich your olfactory memory. The sense of smell constitutes the most important sense in the perception of wine. But it is often difficult to identify an aroma in your glass of wine. Have you already encountered the feeling that you know a smell without being able to recognize it? Nothing is more normal! In the same way that we learned to read, write, or count, smelling also requires training.
- To better analyze the wine that you taste. But “What use is that ?” First of all, recognizing aromas enriches your tasting vocabulary. Being able to attach a word to your impressions increases your tasting pleasure and allows you to share your ideas with others.Then, the aromas of a wine inform us about its geographic origin and the different steps in its creation: Grapes, Terroir, fermentation, aging in casks...
Note: English and French are the only available versions to date. This is the English version. For French version, please send us your request at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brand: LE NEZ DU VIN
We Like: make it to the next level by completing your Le Nez du Vin® 54 aromas masterkit learnings. The aromas are the utmost natural aromas as possible, all made in France by LE NEZ DU VIN in-house flavorist.
We Recommend: the aromas will last at least for 5 years if you carefully close your vials after usage. Since each kit and aroma vial is prepared on demand, you can be sure that the kit you will receive has been prepared very recently and get the freshest aromas. Important reminder: do not drink the aromas. Only smell the aromas.
Material: Carmine clothbound book box which contains:
Size 172 x 247 x 35 mm, weight 750 g. Made in France.
- 12 New Oak aromas: oak, green wood, coconut, clove, vanilla pod , woody-spicy, new leather, pharmaceutical notes , toast, furfural, liquorice, smoky note.
- 1 booklet in English.