The worldwide acclaimed and first of its type learning kit for wine lovers and professionals!
The reference work by Jean Lenoir for training your sense of smell and enriching your wine tasting vocabulary to share your emotions and wine experiences.
Created more than 30 years ago and permanently improved, that kit has become the bible of thousands of sommeliers, wine professionals and wine lovers around the world (you can pay a look at some Testimonies on LE NEZ DU VIN brand page here)
The kit, set in a sophisticated red case, contains:
- A collection of 54 vials (made of glass) of aromas which make up the DNA of wines around the world. Smell and learn about the fruity, floral, vegetal, animal and toasty notes commonly found in fine wines. Train your scent memory, the same way you've learnt to write, for you to recognize the aromas in fine wines.
- 54 index cards explaining the real link between aromas and wine. English version
- A guide-book with rich illustrations and practical exercises to teach you how to taste wines the world over. English version.
Le Nez du Vin® allows you to:
- Train and enrich your olfactory memory. The sense of smell constitutes the most important sense in the perception of wine. But it is often difficult to identify an aroma in your glass of wine. Have you already encountered the feeling that you know a smell without being able to recognize it? Nothing is more normal! In the same way that we learned to read, write, or count, smelling also requires training.
- To better analyze the wine that you taste. But “What use is that ?” First of all, recognizing aromas enriches your tasting vocabulary. Being able to attach a word to your impressions increases your tasting pleasure and allows you to share your ideas with others.Then, the aromas of a wine inform us about its geographic origin and the different steps in its creation: Grapes, Terroir, fermentation, aging in casks...
For other versions (French , Japanese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and Russian), please send us your request at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Brand: LE NEZ DU VIN
We Like: Le Nez du Vin® permits you not only to perfect your sense of smell but also to understand the notion of "Terroir", at the core of Wine understanding. The aromas are the utmost natural aromas as possible, all made in France by LE NEZ DU VIN in-house flavorist. Last but not least, what a wonderful box! A superb design!
We Recommend: the aromas will last at least for 5 years if you carefully close your vials after usage. Since each kit and aroma vial is prepared on demand, you can be sure that the kit you will receive has been prepared very recently and get the freshest aromas. Important reminder: do not drink the aromas. Only smell the aromas.
How to use Le Nez du Vin part 1: the vials: watch here
How to use Le Nez du Vin part 2: 54 index cards, links between aromas and wines: watch here
How to use Le Nez du Vin part 3: the book: watch here
Material: Carmine clothbound book box which contains:
1 - 54 aromas in their vial made of glass, themselves in their Kit.
2 - 1 Book in English
- FRUITY NOTES: 1 lemon, 2 grapefruit, 3 orange, 4 pineapple, 5 banana, 6 lychee, 7 melon, 8 muscat, 9 apple, 10 pear, 11 quince, 12 strawberry, 13 raspberry, 14 redcurrant, 15 blackcurrant, 16 bilberry, 17 blackberry , 18 cherry, 19 apricot, 20 peach, 21 almond (kernel), 22 prune, 23 walnut.
- FLORAL NOTES: 24 hawthorn, 25 acacia, 26 linden, 27 honey, 28 rose, 29 violet.
- VEGETAL NOTES: 30 green pepper, 31 mushroom, 32 truffle, 33 wine lees, 34 cedar, 35 pine, 36 liquorice, 37 blackcurrant bud, 38 cut hay, 39 thyme, 40 vanilla, 41 cinnamon, 42 clove, 43 pepper, 44 saffron.
- ANIMAL NOTES: 45 leather, 46 musk, 47 butter.
- TOASTY NOTES: 48 toast, 49 roasted almond, 50 roasted hazelnut, 51 caramel, 52 coffee, 53 dark chocolate, 54 smoky note.
3 - 54 index cards in English
Size: 29.4 cm x 38.2 cm x 5.5 cm. Weight: 3.75 kg. Made in France.