The Learning kit for all Whisky Enthusiasts and professionals!
Le Nez du Whisky® is a wonderful learning kit created by the two most acclaimed professionals in their field: Frenchman Jean Lenoir, the famous creator of LE NEZ DU VIN, and Scotsman Charles MacLean, one of the best whisky writers of our time and the participation of Martine Nouet, French writer and journalist specialized in gastronomy and spirits.
The kit contains:
- A collection of 54 vials (made of glass) of aromas which make up the DNA of Whiskies around the world. Smell and learn about the floral, fruity, spicy, toasty, woodsy, vinous, phenolic, peaty and marines notes you will identify step by step in this rich spirit.
- One Aroma wheel of classification by aroma families (English version).
- A wonderful book (English version) with superb illustrations to explore whiskies from Scotland and other parts of the world. Charles MacLean tells a century of Scotch malt whisky through 12 personal tasting accounts, and Martine Nouet reveals the art of delicately harmonizing the spirit of a whisky with the spirit of a dish.
Le Nez du Whisky® allows you to:
- Train and enrich your olfactory memory. The sense of smell constitutes the most important sense in the perception of whisky. But it is often difficult to identify an aroma in your glass of whisky. Have you already encountered the feeling that you know a smell without being able to recognize it? Nothing is more normal! In the same way that we learned to read, write, or count, smelling also requires training.
- To better analyze the whisky that you taste. But “What use is that ?” First of all, recognizing aromas enriches your tasting vocabulary. Being able to attach a word to your impressions increases your tasting pleasure and allows you to share your ideas with others.Then, the aromas of a whisky inform us about its geographic origin and the different steps in its creation: malting, fermentation, distillation, and aging in casks.
Note: Le Nez du Whisky is available only in English and French to date. This page is to purchase the English version. For French version, please send us your request at: email@example.com
Brand: LE NEZ DU WHISKY®
We Like: Le Nez du Whisky® permits you not only to perfect your sense of smell but also to understand the process of creating the whisky that produces the aromas. The aromas are the utmost natural aromas as possible, all made in France by LE NEZ DU VIN in-house flavorist. Last but not least, what a wonderful box! A superb design which received the 1st prize in the publishing category of the 10th "Nuit des Trophees" of the French printing industry (2014).
We Recommend: the aromas will last at least for 5 years if you carefully close your vials after usage. Since each kit and aroma vial is prepared on demand, you can be sure that the kit you will receive has been prepared very recently and get the freshest aromas. Important reminder: do not drink the aromas. Only smell the aromas.
1 - 54 aromas in their vial made of glass, themselves in their Kit.
2 - 1 book in English
- FLORAL NOTES: 1 blackcurrant bud, 2 geranium, 3 honey, 4 rose, 5 tobacco leaf, 6 hay, 7 green grass.
- FRUIT NOTES: 8 pineapple, 9 cherry, 10 peach, 11 pear, 12 apple, 13 lemon, 14 mandarin, 15 orange, 16 pomelo, 17 dried fig, 18 walnut, 19 prune.
- WOODSY NOTES: 20 oak, 21 resinous, 22 sherry, 23 toasted almond, 24 toasted hazelnut, 25 coconut, 26 caramel, 27 chocolate, 28 custard, 29 vanilla, 30 anise, 31 cinnamon, 32 ginger, 33 herbs, 34 mint, 35 nutmeg, 36 allspice, 37 black pepper, 38 liquorice, 39 earthy.
- VARIOUS NOTES: 40 biscuit, 41 coffee, 42 toast, 43 malt, 44 butter, 45 leather, 46 broiled meat.
- PHENOLIC NOTES: 47 smoky note, 48 peat, 49 seaweed, 50 seashell, 51 medicinal, 52 rubber, 53 tar, 54 sulfur.
3 - 1 wheel of aromas in English
Size: 31.5 cm x 21 cm x 8 cm. Weight: 3.75 kg. Made in France.